Connect with Target Audiences Using Instagram for Business
Not on Instagram? You’re Missing Out!
Instagram continues to grow in overall popularity and today sits in the top three for social network platforms most often accessed on smartphones and tablets. (Source: 2016 Nielsen Social Media Report) with 91.5 M users. Additionally, Instagram has rolled out some very helpful enhancements that make it even more important for businesses to consider as a valuable part of their social media mix. Now, it’s possible to create a business account on this constantly innovating platform and even connect it to an existing Facebook business page for more convenient access to messages and comments. It’s even possible to view helpful statistics that show impressions, reach, profile views, website clicks, call clicks, & direction clicks! You can even sort top posts by impressions, engagement, and more using a variety of timeframes to better understand which posts are resonating with followers – enabling you to capitalize on this intelligence improving your reach even more.
This social platform is especially effective for businesses working to generate more local interest. In fact, including the right local hashtags substantially increases the visibility of a brand’s posts. For example, if you’re located in the Central Valley of California, you may wish to include #downtownfresno #fresno or #oldtownclovis to reach specific feeds that are popularly referenced and referred to by local audiences.
Here are a few additional eye-opening statistics to pique your curiosity:
- 57% of users visit the site/app every day
- Engagement rates average around 15 x’s higher than Facebook & 20 x’s higher than Twitter
- Brand posts are gaining engagement at a higher rate than companies are adopting this platform for social media marketing
- Visual content is key on this platform and is typically processed by the brain 60,000 times faster than text
- Over 65% of the Instagram audience consists of visual learners
- Videos on Instagram get 2 x’s the engagement of photos
Want to learn more about Instagram and how to use it for business marketing? Download our free How to Use Instagram For Business guidebook!