By Anne Roos, Content Development
There’s no question about it—The business world has gone gaga over reaching consumers through video marketing. It’s easy to see why:
U.S. Internet video will account for over 80% of all U.S. Internet traffic within the next two years.
Native videos—videos created or uploaded on social networks to appear in feeds—are seeing even faster growth. (Source: Recode.net)
Native videos, available on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and now Pinterest, make it easier for business to target specific customers on different platforms.
For instance, the majority of videos used on Facebook are native videos, and 90% of profiles and business pages utilize Facebook native videos (Source: Quintly.com)
What was only found on YouTube is now available across most social media platforms.
Video generates more shares than any other type of post on Facebook, tweets containing videos generate 9 times more engagement than text-only tweets, and video ads on Snapchat outperform video ads on all other social media platforms. Video content is also on the rise on Instagram, and Pinterest is jumping on the bandwagon to offer in-stream auto-play video ads. (Source: SocialMediaToday.com)
Consumers click the video “Play” button far more than they click on image ads.
Furthermore, they tend to watch more than 2/3rds of the video, on average. (Source: Dynamic Logic Data)
Over 70% of businesses confirm that videos produce more conversions than any other content marketing format.
Most experienced improved ROI on their video marketing expenditures. (Source: Demand Metric)
The average Internet user spends 88% more time on websites with video than without.
Some 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. (Source: codefuel.com).
Besides boosting sales and conversions, videos are great for improved SEO.
Here’s another fabulous statistic: Your company is 53 times more likely to show up at the top of Google search engine results when you have a video embedded on your website (Source: Forrester).
Despite all of these statistics, only 24% of brands currently use online videos to market to customers—A surprising fact given that 65% of Internet users are visual learners. (Source: Forbes)
Videos grab the attention of even the laziest buyers, and they encourage social media sharing. So besides making profits, your videos enhance your brand’s online recognition and reputation. You can easily measure the success of each video, or test run multiple videos on different platforms, to determine which message is most attractive to customers.
This is the obvious opportunity to target your ads to specific demographics, personalizing them for maximum engagement. Entice viewers with interactive content—videos are not just for watching, they are for participating.
How can you ensure that your videos will strike a bond with potential and loyal customers?
Ensure that they touch viewers on an emotional level to set your company apart from your competitors. Here’s how:
- Show a preview of products and services yet to be released—Reveal them slowly, letting viewers in on the big secret over a series of videos. Invite viewers to subscribe to learn more about what’s next on the horizon for your company.
- Let viewers in on the behind-the-scenes action at your company—Show how products are made, introduce viewers to your staff, and take customers on a tour of your facility. Open the doors to your company on a virtual level.
- Demonstrate how products work, right from the box—How-to tutorials display the easy of using your products, helping those who’ve recently purchased and those who are thinking of making a purchase. You’ll be viewed as an expert, in comparison to your competitors.
- Capture clients singing your praises—Filming reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers is a powerful way to attract buyers away from your competition. According to Inc.com, testimonials are more meaningful when viewers can see people delivering them, rather than just reading text reviews.
- Respond to customer questions—Record your detailed answers to questions received via social media. What better way to demonstrate your commitment to prompt customer service?
- Reveal industry news and upcoming trends—Educate your viewers on what’s hot and what’s not. Show them how your company is riding the wave of the newest developments. Customers will choose to buy from you because your company considers the newest innovations in your products and services.
- Amaze your viewers—Have fun, and your viewers will enjoy your videos. Keep this in mind, and you’ll increase the likelihood that your videos will be shared across the social networks. Show something surprising that only your company does. Take your viewers on a trip to your next expo, giving them a peek at what happens in your exhibit booth. Film an employee on a delivery run adventure. Give your video a cliffhanger ending, leaving viewers to wonder, “What’s next?” Demo novel uses for your products that most buyers might not consider.
For your videos to be effective, your video content strategy cannot be separate from you marketing goals. And the video must be professional, or else your company may be viewed as “amateurish.”
This is where Moore Than SEO comes in. Our video marketing service includes a full analysis of your online presence, including a snapshot of how your company fares against your competitors. We’ll assist in developing your video content with a preferred partner for video production with a consistent marketing focus. Finally, we’ll utilize the videos to your advantage, posting them on the social media platforms where your target customers hang out. We aren’t done once the videos are posted—We analyze the performance of your videos, tweaking your customized video marketing strategy to improve results.
Take advantage of this hot social video trend. It only takes one call to our experts at 559-978-4096 to get started. We look forward to helping your company stand out online with video branding.