By Anne Roos, Director of Content Development
February is the month of love. It’s the perfect time to reach out to your target audience, to get them to fall head over heals for your brand. It’s also the perfect time to solidify customer loyalty to your current clients. Regardless of your specific business industry, use social media as your matchmaker.
Consider these statistics:
• 200 Million Internet Users Employ Ad Blockers—Website visitors aren’t seeing your pop-up ads. But your message will get through to your intended customers through social networking.
• 37% of Online Businesses Increased Customer Retention through Word-of-Mouth Compared to Paid Advertisements—Imagine your cost savings by going social versus paying for print, radio, and TV ads.
• 71% of Consumers are Likely to Buy a Product or Service Based on Referrals in Social Media—Create a buzz in your customers’ favorite social hangouts, and watch the sales pour in.
• 81% of Consumers Receive Advice from Colleagues, Friends and Loved Ones Through Social Networking Sites—When customers fall in love with you, they tell the world about it online.
But how do you get customers to fall in love with you in the first place?
1. Know Your Customer—Ask yourself whether you are fulfilling a need or solving a problem for your target customer. What can you offer that your competition cannot?
2. Keep In Touch—Share new product information, interesting trivia about your company, invitations to events, and exclusive online coupons to your Internet fans. Treat them to more in-depth information in your blog. Give every opportunity for your prospective clients and customers to get to know you.
3. Get Personal—Let your fans and subscribers in on deals they’d never see elsewhere. Give them a behind-the-scenes glimpse of how your company operates, profile key staff members, and let them in on upcoming product launches.
4. Return the Love—Put the “social” into social networking. Build relationships online and bring them beyond the Internet. Send birthday offers and handwritten thank-you cards. Host a “locals” day discount or a customer appreciation day. Provide free tickets to events that you are hosting. Use these tools to get to know your loyal customer base.
5. Bend over backwards—Always offer more than is expected. Quote extra services or products at a discount. Do something entirely unexpected to create faithfulness to your brand while blowing your competition out of the water.
The goal: To get customers to break up with your competition and fall in love with you.
Regardless of your industry, you can get in on the Valentine’s Day love, before, during, and after the holiday. Connect with customers through social media management. Create a strategic plan that rewards your clients on a consistent basis, and they’ll tell their friends. Then, they’ll return that love with purchases.
Here at Moore Than SEO, we know the laws of attraction using Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and other social network platforms. Contact us at 559-978-4096 for a free consultation. We’ll measure your current reach and design a social media blueprint that will produce long-term customer loyalty and measurable results.
* Statistics from Business2Community.com